3.08.2013

Red Crop Top

Well this is probably the most obvious title I think I've had. Lately I've been a little M.I.A when I comes to outfit post, and I must say I've had some pretty good outfits, this is due to the fact that I've been on a school trip and trying to get my grades together so I apologize now if you don't see much from me in the future.




I took these pictures a few weeks ago. It was on the set (wow I'm making this sound like a legitimate photo shoot   of a photography competition for a school club I am in, one of which I did not win; bummer. But anyways I got this red crop top from Amazon at $8 and did I mention it was American Apparel; that ladies and gentleman is what you call a steal. 
Lately in the fashion world I have noticed a trend in holographic pieces and I must say I am feeling it. From skirts to nails to purses the trend has caught on very fast and even seen in some desginer pieces such as Bluemarine's Spring 2012 collection and Burberry's Spring 2013 collection.
Here are a few Hologrpahic pieces:

Burberry Spring 2013

I'm loving the coats. The shiny print would bring every eye to you once you step in the room and gives the models a high couture Matrix look. Well if the Matrix was high couture.

Bluemarine Spring 2012

Can we first start by looking at the shoes? They remind me of a holographic version of the Adidas American flag Print shoes with the wings. These looks give off a futuristic biker chick look. I love how they mixed the two very different looks together and the large jewelry is gorgeous. Very well done.

From Clothes, Cosmetics and Chat


From Tumblr


 
From Forty Five Ten


From Wheretoget


Alright is it just me or was all of that just very Zenon? Do you guys remember that movie? Loved it!

How do you feel about the Holographic Trend? 

P.S Check out Ellen Atlanta's latest contest. She is giving away
Limecrime Lipstick!

7 comments:

  1. wah! that is a steal for american apparel :) i am still on the lookout for a good crop top. And holographic trend, yes, it's everywhere. I definitely think it's hit or miss for me. It's totally obnoxious sometimes, and others it's just...too trendy looking? haha, but there are a few instances where I've seen it online and i've been like, "yup that's it". Will I jump on this trend? I don't know. I kind of want to, but I haven't come across anything holographic in stores (forever xxi has some flats and other things) that I've really been into. Interested to see how you would style this trend if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are looking for a good crop top I'd advise looking in those little off brand stores in the mall. I found a lot of American Apparel dupes for way cheaper in there. I think I might try the trend if I could find something cute that I could blend in with my style; but it might be a hunt.

      Delete
  2. Oooo I love your blog
    & your crop T, u look so cute,
    thank u for visiting my blog :D
    Nezzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your boots so cute!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...