This post is going to be somewhat of a long post, so pull up yur socks and lets get on it. First and for most I'd like to thank the AWESOME Beka Nicole over at That Seams Lovely. for creating my stellar new customized title! (Check out her blog, her style is amazing) Don't you just love the kitties?
Now for THE FIRST OUTFIT POST OF THE NEW YEAR!!!!! (cue the crowds of people cheering) I went out shopping by Northwestern University, a college on the list of schools I'm thinking out attending, and stopped into the American Apparel and Urban Outffitters in th town. I'd been debating during the few days leading up to the shopping trip if I should purchase the corduroy circle skirt seeing as though on the website it looked super short and I wanted to be able to wear it to school. Low and behold when I got to the store and found them they looked so much longer in person and I ended up making a purchase I am very much proud of.
I reallly liked this outfit. It made me feel like a little school girl or something. Oh and how could I forget, I got another new bag for Christmas THE CAMBRIDGE SATCHEL. People kept coming up to me and saying they loved it and other asked me why I was caring around a briefcase (this includes my own mother). I was so happy when I opened the large gift from my father and very shocked when I saw what was inside; thanks dad!
To wrap up this post I want to acknowlege that was nominated for THE LIEBSTER AWARD by Lillian from Sew Overdressed and Ellisya from The Monday Diary. Thanks guys!
For those of you who don't know the Liebster Award is awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. These bloggers are given questions they must answer about themselves and pass it on to fellow bloggers.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
11 Facts About Yours Truly
1. Everyday I wish I attended Hogwarts and not the ratchett school I go to.
2. I tried to audition for Kid Nation. I also tried to revive it when it got cnacelled.
3. I hat green things. Like guacamole, green jello, and green gum anything along that lines; but vegggies are ok.
4. I wish to go to London someday. I feel like everything and everyone is cooler over there. I mean they call their tennis shoes trainers and their overalls dungarees!
5. I HATE UGG BOOTS! I feel like they are furry spaceboots and make everyone in the world look basic because most girls I see in them look like clones; end of rant.
6. I love Dylan O'brien; but I'm sure you know that by now.
7.I played the Mad Hatter in 8th grade; I was told it suited me well.
8. I color my eyebrows in sometimes. I feel like it makes me look mysterious. That sounded really lame.
9.I've been labeled a Hipster, but I don't know if I agree.
10. I have a legitimate obsession with the Naked Brothers Band.
11. I thought Skins U.S was amazing although most disagree. I refuse to watch the British one becaus is probably more rad and I don't want to ruin the image I already have about the Skins U.S characters.
Since I was awarded by 2 people I'll answer 24 questions.
Questions from Sew Overdressed
1. What's your favourite thing to cook/bake?
OOOh good question. Can I say cake?
2. What's a talent you wish you had?
I wish I had the talent to take amazing pictures. That would be so helpful.
3. If you could have one item, for free, right now - what would it be?
The deed to an island full of unicorns, wizards and cute guys!
4. Who is someone you look up to for style inspiration?
I can't say I just have on, there are so many.
5. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Meeting other amazing people with great style and being able to share my style with the world. Or whoever is reading my blog.
6. If you could learn any other language instantly - what would it be and why?
Spanish. So I can get out of Spanish class.
7. What type of music do you like? What type of music do you really dislike?
I like indie bands, rock, some pop, hip hop. I'm not a fan of country but I do the the bango so I could probably get to like it.
8. What was the last song you listened to?
I checked m iPod and it was With You by Chris Brown. Wird because I truthfully don't ever remember having that on my iPod.
9. What was your last purchase?
I bought some a boat load of goodies from eBay. It's a surprise so look out for them.
10. Do you have any favourite designers? Do you think they impact on the way you dress?
I like Marc Jacobs. He has a nice shoe style. I also like Ralph Lauren. Their adds look so crisp and sporty.
11. What is your most expensive item in your wardrobe?
My friend just gave me a Moschino Skirt for Christmas and I have a pair of Diesel pants.
Questions from The Monday Diary
1. If you are a one famous designer, who would it be?
I'm not sure what this is asking but I'll just rephrase it 'If I got to meet on famous designer who would it be?' I would definitly want to meet Coco Chanel; she's an icon.
2. What's more 'you'? Jeans and t-shirt or skirt and high heels?
Skirts and High Heels
3. If you got the chance to attend one fashion show, what fashion show would it be and why?
OH my goodness why!?!?!? I have to choose. Ok I have to say I'm stuck in the middle between Givenchy, Jeffrey Scott or Louis Vuitton.
4.What's your guilty pleasure?
Slushies and Ice cream. Yum!
5. What do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Hopefully interning or working for a famous designer and writing for a fashion magazine on the side. Or maybe sitting in the front row of a runway taking notes. Or maybe being the eiditor of my own indepedent fashion magazine. The resuts are endless, but somewhere along those lines.
6. What's the thing you love the most?
My family and friends.
7. What's the thing you hate the most?
Green things, Uggs and basic people.
8. If you are asked to pack now, where would you choose to go?
9.What's your favorite quote?
Weird is Rad.
10. If you are given a chance to shop without limit, what stores would you visit?
Umm is all of them a valid choice?
11. Which one do you prefer, own every single pair of Louboutins or work with Karl Lagerfeld?
The shoes are tempting, but I'd probably have to say work with Karl Lagerfeld.
I'd like to nominate:
My Questions for You Guys
1. Unicorn or Wizard?
2. Would you rather have to wear a pair of onesie pj's eveyday or just a white tee and jeans?
3. What made you start blogging?
4. Why did you choose your blog title?
5. What's the country your from like?
6. What is the one this you can't live without?
7. What was the best thing you got for Christmas this year?
8. What's your favotite lipstick color?
9. What's your best shopping find?
10.Who is your best friend?
11. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Thanks again for the award!